Man Sues Gwyneth Paltrow’s Company After Her ‘This Smells Like My Vagina’ Candle Allegedly Exploded
Colby Watson argued that the exploding candle could have killed him in the lawsuit, according to an article published Tuesday by TMZ. The man reportedly bought the “This Smells Like My Vagina” candle back in January. He lit the candle in February and burned it for three hours before the candle allegedly became engulfed in flames and then exploded, TMZ reported. (RELATED: Gwyneth Paltrow Drank Whiskey Every Night During Quarantine)
The candle does come with a “limited warning” that tells consumers not to burn the candle for more than two hours at a time. However, Watson claimed the warning was insufficient, according to the lawsuit obtained by TMZ.
“So Douglas Little, who is the owner of Heretic Perfume, we’re very close friends and we’ve worked together a lot,” Paltrow told the outlet. “He does all of our fragrances for us, and one day we were smelling different fragrances and I was joking around and I smelled something and I said… As a joke. But then I was like, ‘Wouldn’t that be cool if somebody actually had the guts to do that?”
“What a punk rock feminist statement to have that on your table,” Paltrow added. “And then he made it. I thought he just made me one, as a joke, but then the next thing I knew, it was on my website.”